What is a cookie?
- A cookie is a small text file that a website transfers to the browser on your computer's hard disk so that the site can remember who you are.
- A cookie will typically contain the name of the website from which the cookie has come, the "lifetime" of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
- We cannot identify you personally by using a cookie. Cookies store no personal data and are not used to gather personal information.
- To collect statistics about your use of our website, such as when you last visited the site. This information is used to improve the user experience on our website.
- To make our job applications system more convenient to use by maintaining a your login session between screens, so you don't have to log back in continually.
- To help us embed useful maps and videos from Google Maps, You Tube and Vimeo.
- To temporarily store some of the visual changes you may make to how you view our website; e.g. change the view to 'high visibility'.
Enabling or disabling cookies
- We recommend that you allow all cookies set by this site as they help us provide you with a better service.
- If you decide to delete or disable our cookies then you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our website.
- Information about how to enable or disable cookies is available on the about cookies website.
- Cookies used by Oxfordshire County Council, do not infringe on your privacy or threaten your computer's security.
We use Google Analytics to collect information about how visitors use our site. This information is used for reporting purposes and to help us improve the customer experience on our site.
Analytics uses its own cookie to track visitor interactions. The cookie is used to store information, such as what time the current visit occurred, whether the visitor has been to the site before, and what site referred the visitor to the web page.
The cookies set by Google Analytics are as follows:
|__utma||Unique anonymous visitor ID||2 years|
|__utmb||Unique anonymous session ID||30 minutes|
|__utmz||Information on how the site was reached (e.g. direct or via a link/search/advertisement)||6 months|
|__utmx||Which variation of a page you are seeing if we are testing different versions to see which is best||2 years|
For more details please visit the Google Privacy Centre.
- We've implemented Google Analytics features based on Display advertising (e.g. Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, the DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration, or Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting).
- Using the Ads Settings, visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads.